Sunday, May 30, 2010

Update



I have enrolled in an ecourse with Kelly Rae Roberts, and I need to blog more. I'll take a moment and catch you up on things.



The Mother's Day at Creekwalk was ok. The weather was cold and drizzly. My cousin Loraine and my friend Patty were there. There were only about 7 people selling. The wind was horrible, and my displays were going all over the place. Most of the other sellers were packed up at about 1:30, but we stayed. I did the most amount of selling when it was the coldest and starting to rain. The event was suppose to go until 4:00, but we packed it in by 3:30.


At the end of the Creekwalk, we got a flyer about another upcoming event on May 30th. It was called the Strawberry Festival. Now, I know that the Strawberry Festival can be a big thing in Vista, so Loraine and I went for it. We found out that it was from 4-7. That's an odd time. We also discovered that it wasn't downtown, but it was by a creek about a mile away. I checked it out a week before with my friend. It looked pretty country and unkept, but they were still working on the trail. Enter today. I get there. There weren't any signs or banner. Loraine is waiting for me. There are no other booths. We had no idea what to do. I called the lady in charge who informed me that she has the flu. She directed me to a grove of trees. We went over there, and there were many motorcycles and old cars on display. I talked Loraine into staying. We were the only sellers. We both put up our jewelry. We got some women (mainly wives of bikers) looking. I made a few sales. It was pretty comical.

Here are some pictures from today:








3 comments:

Johwey Redington said...

Stopping by to say hi from Flying Lessons! :D

Joella said...

taking a break from flying lessons to check out your new blog... good job!!

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

hello there fellow flyer!